Friday, March 19, 2010

Really, life?

I know, I know, I know. Things could be a lot worse. A lot. I get it. But kidney stones SUCK.

I was diagnosed as having kidney stones during an ER visit in the wee hours of Thursday morning last week. Apparently, there is only one left and it's around 4mm in diameter. So here it is over a week later and I'm still trying to pass this darn thing. Since it's only (only) 4mm, the docs can't do anything and it should pass within two week. Great. So at this point I have to be hemorrhaging or have a raging kidney infection to get any additional help beyond painkillers and advice to drink tons of water. OK. Great. So my life is on hold until this tiny ball of calcified pee plaque passes.

Helpful ER tip: if you go between the hours of 3 and 4 AM, there is no wait and the sense of humor of the staff is great. They even had me laughing through the pain. It could have been the Dilaudid they gave me, but I did appreciate smiling faces and the more relaxed atmosphere.

I was planning on going to aqua aerobics this morning. I love this class at my gym. I'm the only one there under 55 and I love it. Senior citizens are so great to be around - I love their energy. I think they get a kick out of me being there, too. Everyone is going to have to wait for me to grace them with my presence because I can't stand up straight.

I also promised Payton a trip to the beach today. Sorry, baby boy. It's Avatar and Frosty the Snowman for you. Hopefully I can spoil the crap out of him this weekend. At least that's the goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment