Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 8: Project 365



Just something fun in stockinette stitch. Eventually it will be a long many-colored wrap. After blocking, I'm guessing it will be about 24" wide by hopefully 66" long or so. I'm working with Berroco Ultra Alpaca on size 8 bamboo knitting needles. Love it. Right now I have a great vibrant eggplant color, a refreshing variegated green and a killer pumpkin orange. The goal is to have about seven colors in total - I'm buying a new skein every few weeks or so. I would like to add a golden yellow, a deep red, a rich teal blue and a bright acid green - all great autumn colors. All the stripes are random in width. I think the orange stripe I'm working on will be much wider than the green. The goal of this wrap is to be simple in shape, but fun and unpredictable in the pattern. The edges will remain curled after blocking which is what I want. It will look smashing with jeans, boots and a simple cream sweater in the fall, which is probably when I will have it finished!

0 comments:

Post a Comment